free website stats program Tough Day | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tough Day

LOL, I worked in the elements for 18 years. :p I guess there are two ways to look at this, first, if I was at work out in the cold & rain, at least I was getting paid for it, of if I'm out in the rain on the bike, at least is sort of my choice. :D

LOL, I worked in the elements for 18 years. :p I guess there are two ways to look at this, first, if I was at work out in the cold & rain, at least I was getting paid for it, of if I'm out in the rain on the bike, at least is sort of my choice. :D

Actually now that I think about it, most of my life in construction we also worked in light rain. However if it rained hard we got in the truck. If it kept raining they sent us home.

The past 10 yrs I worked indoors at a Cad computer so I kinda forgot the outside ramifications.

I can take being wet, but being wet at 60+ mph with a cool down blast of air, don't go over real warm and fuzzy with me. Trouble with riding a bike is that all the choices are purely academic and you have to take what comes (with the exception of putting on rain gear in time if you can).

Getting home safe is what it is all about. I have had a lot of bad rides, mostly in MN winter weather Stubborn I guess Glad you made it home OK:s

Have a lot of respect for you riding 800 miles in bad conditions - good thing you had rain gear. The Scandanavians say There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad equipment. Lots of other cultures probably say it too.....

I'll be riding a thousand miles down to the Alps in a few weeks but we're going to do it over two days each way. That'll be on a Sportster which I've modiified with risers, screen, panniers, and a multi-bag for the sissy bar/rack. It'll be interesting and I may need a butt transplant by the end of the week :D.
Hopefully the rain will stay away.

Back