free website stats program Totally off topic Diesel!!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Totally off topic Diesel!!!

Holy Jeez, I thank everyone so much for all the good leads and info on fixing my beast. It blows my mind just getting the feedback from people who I`ve never met or who even know me.. The response is overwhelming and this is why I have donated to such a great forum. This is actually the only forum I`ve ever donated anything too.

Thanks for all the replies. And if there`s ever any questions on Bathroom renovations or product questions I have all the answers.

Thanks again Tubguy:D

Since it is winter, there is also fuel additive to displace accumulated water. Diesel fuel attracts water and it has a tendency to settle in the wrong places...there is also a filter to help separate the water out as well.:)

Since it is winter, there is also fuel additive to displace accumulated water. Diesel fuel attracts water and it has a tendency to settle in the wrong places...there is also a filter to help separate the water out as well.:)

The Ford powerstroke seperates the water right at the fuel filter that I mentioned earlier. There is a little lever (on my 95 it is yellow) on the left front at the base of the filter housing that you have to slide over. Just be careful not to break it. The water and fuel run down a tube on the left side of the engine so make sure you have something to catch it or it will end up on the floor.

MAN YOU GUYS JUST BLOW ME AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Ask any question,,, and get the right answer,,,,,, I Love this place.. Just plain amazing,, :D:D

when you pull out your fuel filters to check - see if they are black - here in ontario seen a lot of filters turned black from poor fuel , replace in any case because you can`t replace your filters too often. as glider said air filter also , run a good fuel cleaner/conditioner will help.

Check the glow plug relay. If your rockin a 7.3 keep one in the glove box..and a spare CPS and a 7/16 wrench to change it.

Back