Total Posts?

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by FerrousBueller, Nov 24, 2013.

1. FerrousBueller

FerrousBueller Junior Member

Just a simple question. Has my Total number of posts gone down?

It's not a big deal, nothing for me to get upset about. I thought I was in the 400+ territory. Now it seems I'm in the high 300's.

Am I mistaken?

Thank You Mods!
    Ferrous

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  2. glazier

glazier Junior Member

I've just recently noticed mine has gone down also. Was in the low 700's the other day, now I'm just about 700 even. Just one of those things that make you go Hmmmmm........?????? :hii

3. Nikko684

Nikko684 Active Member

Most likely the Mods got rid of some older posts. That will bring down your count. I used to be a mod on a video game forum years ago, and we would clean out posts over 2 years old. that brings the count down.

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

This is what happened. There were a lot of older threads and some old polls from a while back as well as posts that were never replied to that were removed and anyone that posted in these areas would have lost a few post count. It's pretty much done now and the forum is being cleaned up.

5. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

^^^Yep, post counts fluctuate^^^

I don't really monitor b/c they're not badges of honor or anything. Just enjoy the site and no need to worry about a fictitious number tagged to your Id. Just like your computer hard drive (storage)...every now & then she needs some purging to keep humming along.

6. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Exactly Iceman.
    Its the normal ups and downs of proper moderating to keep a forum clean and running well with removing threads that have become out dated or are no longer useful.........I also have lost numerous posts do to this occurrence..

7. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

I'm missing quite a few also...

I go back over 5 yrs, so there would be a lot of OLD Threads I'm in.

Glad to hear it wasn't Just me missing a few:D

signed....BUBBIE

8. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

It's inflation, our posts don't count as much anymore. :small3d023:

9. Trek

Trek Junior Member

That's it I'm out of here. If I don't get my post numbers back I'm gone. :D Just kidding. I don't think I have looked at my post count in quite awhile. Keep up the good work Mods.

10. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

No big deal to me, house keeping has to be done to keep the forum fresh and working properly.