free website stats program Torx tools | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Torx tools

One thing to note .. bet it sears or other places most wont warrenty torx Bits

The t-handle Craftsman torx set I just purchased from Sears has a full, unlimited warranty. (And, it does have a T-27.) Sears is great. I split a socket once using it to loosen a lug bolt on a car with a 3' pipe on it. No problems replacing it; no questions asked! Sears does sell lower grade non-Craftsman tools that I would guess don't have the same warranty.

How about buying off a tool truck. Like Snap-on, Mac or Matco. Those guys are harding working, and need the sales, and use the tools that the pros use.

Welcome 1st Harley to HDTimeline and I agree, if you know where these local vendors stop (most larger repair shops) they do have nice, high quality tool selection at a price though high is sometimes the best tool for the job.

Hope you get a chance to stop by the maintenance section, it will help you in your tool search...in the meantime, there are also HD specialty tools available...

http://www.hdtimeline.com/general_tips/12221-harley_service_tools.html

Easiest place to pick them up is Sears, and they will warranty broken torx bits. I replace the front rotor and broke one getting the bolts off. Took it back and hoila!, they handed me a new one no questions asked.

Buying from snap on or mac is ok if you want to spend more $$ or if finding a Sears is more hassle than finding a tool truck vendor, imho. Just buy a quality product and not globemaster.

How about buying off a tool truck. Like Snap-on, Mac or Matco. Those guys are harding working, and need the sales, and use the tools that the pros use.

I agree Snap on, Mac are the best but also very expensive.You can expect to pay near $300 for a single torx set.We get all these catalogs at our shop and I stumbled across this deal.

OTC 5900A Master Torx Socket Set

A complete set including torx plus,tamper proof and inverted.Otc is a very well known name brand in the automotive field.

Dog671, isn't your Avatar from Pink Floyd? I thought it looked like the album art from the Dark Side of the Moon album, but that was years ago and those memories are somewhat foggy!:s

Dog671, isn't your Avatar from Pink Floyd? I thought it looked like the album art from the Dark Side of the Moon album, but that was years ago and those memories are somewhat foggy!:s

Looks like Dark Side of the Moon to me too:) My youngest son is into vinyl and he has that 33

Back