free website stats program Torx size | Harley Davidson Forums

Torx size

cheese1200

Does anyone know what size torx socket it takes to remove or tighten the forward brake control on a 2007 Sporster? I don't want to buy the complete set if I don't have to. I know I should, but this all I need now.

Thanks,

Cheese

Not the answer you want to hear, but - it's going to be cheaper in the long run to buy the set instead of buying them one at a time as you need them.

I'm not sure what you mean by --forward brake control? Lever, caliper?? I've got an 05 and will gladly check it out if I know what you're refering to. Got a full set of Torx!

I bought a set of torx bits in 1990 so i could get the seat belts off a car so i could fit child restraint's to the anchor points
the kids have all gone but the torx bit set still gets used

Brian

Don't be "Cheesie". Spend the few bucks and get the torx set. :s

Get the manual for the bike too.

Agree !! Just buy a set, they are not that expensive. If you want to buy single's, get #27's. Seems to be the most used size and the one that will likely get broken the most.

On the 07RK, at the brake lever that would be a T27 and a T25. Just got a 9 piece set from Sears, 8 bits T15 -> T55 plus rail clip, Craftsmen, 3/8 drive, for $17.99 CDN, life time warranty. Did not include T27, got to buy that separate for $5.99CDN.

Don't be "Cheesie". Spend the few bucks and get the torx set. :s
Aside: Can’t help but enjoy Glider’s humour. Obviously never misses the login. :)

Can usually buy a whole set from Lowes', Home Depot, even discount autoparts stores for $9.99 or so, and usually come with lifetime guarantee...why pay $5 or $6 for the "right one" and still come up short on the necessary sizes when doing other service? Kinda false economy and a waste of YOUR valuable weekend time wrenching your ride don't you think? JMHO...nothing more frustrating than having "almost" everything you need to do a job...way too much aggravation!

Back