free website stats program Torque Wrench Buy | Harley Davidson Forums

Torque Wrench Buy

glenalt

Went to Sears yesterday, Black Friday, and got a super deal on a torque wrench, 1/2 off. Wanted to get 2, one inch lbs and one ft lbs. They told me they only had ft. lbs. When I went to check out the one I had, ft. lbs, did not have a bar code on it so he went over to the table and picked up another one. When I got home it was an inch lbs. Bummer, could of had both for the price of one.

Now I can torque my scoot to specks when I work on it.

I got a digital volt meter for 9 bucks and some other stuff too. I love saving money. Oh man, that sounded like my wife.:small3d007:

Great deal anyway! When you beed Ft/lbs, just do it 12 times :newsmile100:

I thought Black friday was for Gift purchases? Merry Christmas to you!

Have to say this was my first attempt at early morning shopping on Black Friday...waiting in line for items that sell out is no fun...BUT you do get to meet some very friendly people, who are veterans of the retail wars. Be patient, there are always good deals...and buying yourself a gift is a response to retail denial from a years worth of retail woes...nothing wrong with that.

buying yourself a gift is a response to retail denial from a years worth of retail woes...nothing wrong with that.

Amen to that :D

NEWHD74FAN; Must've just missed you. Got to SEARS in T.O. about 12:10 and missed the sale. I really wanted the inch lb torque wrench. Perhaps I should've gotten out of the house sooner. I did get a couple of Garmin units for my daughter's cars. Oh well, there's always next year.

NEWHD74FAN; Must've just missed you. Got to SEARS in T.O. about 12:10 and missed the sale. I really wanted the inch lb torque wrench. Perhaps I should've gotten out of the house sooner. I did get a couple of Garmin units for my daughter's cars. Oh well, there's always next year.

Thanks for the suggestion about 12:1 on the in lbs.

I have a garmin and love the unit. I was using it in my car and added a mount for the bike and love it. I take roads I never would have without it.

Got this from another site..

It's pretty easy to convert anything if you're willing to break it down to the units.

Take 80 ft-lbs of torque.

80 ft-lb x (12 in / 1 ft) = 960 in-lbs (the feet cancel out)

Take 80 in-lbs of torque

80 in-lb x (1 ft / 12 in) = 6.667 ft-lb (the inches cancel out)

If you make sure that the units cancel out you'll always know whether you should multiply or divide.
:newsmile030:

Larry..not even close, try 5:30AM and feeling you were still "late" :small3d007: for not getting there sooner :newsmile030:

Furnace doesn't kick on until about 6 am. I was sawing logs under 2 comforters. I don't think I got up until 7:30. Then a couple cups of coffee while reading the Star. Leaving the house late I probably "saved" more $$ than you did. Hahahahahahaha. I hate shopping anyway! But it does make the wife happy especially if we are dragging the girls and the granddaughters along. The son in law and I usually find some seats for some great people watching at the mall.

Back