free website stats program Torque values | Harley Davidson Forums

Torque values

Scrounger

Question for the wrenches. My son was helping me on the bike and he was looking at the installing guide for a new farkle. I asked him for the torque setting as we finished he gave me the range listed, then asked why a range and not a value.

I had no idea other than they lift a low and high. I just go in the middle and torque it down.

Ok whats a farkle

Farkle or Farkel is a dice game that has also been called Zonk, Zilch, 5000, 10000, Wimp Out, Hot Dice, Buzzball, Oh (EDIT), Greed, and Squelch.[1] Its origins as a folk game are unknown, but it has been marketed commercially since 1982,[2] since 1996 under the brand name Pocket Farkel.[

Last edited by a moderator:
Farkle is just 'stuff' you bolt on your bike, car or truck. Comes from my BMW days when you said you Farkled the bike.

In the middle is safe, on new bikes first time in I'll go to the top end, but on a old evo that people have been in and out of I'll go low end to be safe, threads have a way of weakening after a few torques, and I never forget the loctite and, I supose the quality of my torque wrench would be a factor also.

Back