free website stats program Torque Specs | Harley Davidson Forums

Torque Specs

i am replacing a rear tire on a 2000 deuce and i cant find the rear axle torque spec. does anyone have that number. Any help would be great. trying go get it finished tonight.

Tighten until you feel something crack, then back off one half turn.:D

Now that is funny, but how do you back off when its already cracked I need some help here PROF:p

Thanks Guys i think i will stay with the 60-65 and do my best to avoid the breaking it route, i do that pretty well already. :hii

Moderator I this this thread should be moved to the jokes section.....can't stop laughing. My Dad told me to quit just before you break it. LOL

One time was working on a custom bike and the rear axle just keep tightening & tightening & tightening, it was a aftermarket chrome axle and the axle pulled out of the welded nut end on the one side, it was kinda like when one of my techs asked me how many quarts of oil these new police bikes take, said he put six in and still not full, I looked on the other side of his lift and oil was flowing out of the drain pan all over the floor, I just told him to put the drain plug in and walked away shacking my head, this was a PHD dealership tech, funny stuff does happens :)

This is odd. I have a 2007 FLSTF. I purchased it brand new with the factory solid disc wheels with 50cal holes. It has a 3/4" axle in it. I thought the 2000 up bikes all had 1" axles.

Back