free website stats program Torque Info | Harley Davidson Forums

Torque Info

nolafishr

I need some Torque info for My Bike, I put a Wide Glide Front End on My Sporty and need to know the Torque Specs for the Front Axle Bolt and the Neck Bolt that holds the Front End to the Frame. Would anyone have this info? I have it all put together and snugged up but need this to tighten it up to Specs.

2001 Sportster 1200

Does the steering stem have a bearing adjuster nut under the top triple clamp?Or does the nut/bolt hold the whole thing together?It makes a difference.As far as the axle goes 50-55 lb-ft.

Then how do you adjust bearing tension?Do you have a service manual?I'm outta here for a while,going riding.Check when I get back in a few hours.I'll help you sort this out but I gotta ride!

The Front End is a after market from American Classic Motors. It is for a 1994-2003 Sportsters, the Bolt mounts in from the Bottom of the Stem. I just need to know what the Torque Specs are. I looked in the service manual for it and did not see anything on this. I will check again, maybe I missed something.

Thanks for the Info, I am doing a Rebuild/Custom Project with the Bike and this is the First time. I thought it had a certain Torque for the Front End.

Back