free website stats program Tornado Video | Harley Davidson Forums

Tornado Video

R_W_B

I saw this video today, thought I would post it up just in case some of you have not seen it's entirety on the news. It was obviously filmed by a storm chaser crew. You can tell it's in real time and some of the lanquage was edited out for viewing. You can hear the lady running the camera telling the guy driving,... DON'T GET INSIDE IT..... and he kepts saying he won't but he comes pretty close.

One thing that stands out towards the last of the video is the shear magnitude of destruction these storms cause. It looks like an atomic bomb hit the area. I saw destruction similar to this back in 1994 down in Homestead Florida after Hurricane Andrew. The weather guys said that hurricane had many ' mini swirls ' as they called them. Something like tornados inside or on the edge of the hurricane. Anyhow here is the video, be aware it is quite shocking. (but no bad language)

YouTube - ‪EF 5 Joplin Tornado and Aftermath May 22, 2011.mov‬‏

We just drove from Atlanta to Cleveland, Mississippi and back this Monday and Tuesday and drove right through the devastation in Tuscaloosa and Birmingham, Alabama. I almost stopped the car on a busy highway when I first saw it, it was so shocking. You can read about these things or see them on the news but nothing prepares you for seeing nature's power and fury firsthand.

Wow, there are no words that can describe what that video captured. Being in SoCal, only saw a wind funnel dust cloud as it came down from the clouds but was only about a 100 feet or so wide many years ago...can't imagine something as large and powerful touching down and basically leaving a mile wide wake lasting 5 or 10 miles.:(

I have seen an F5 only once in my life....it came through the town that I lived in and it is truly the most devastating thing that can happen....good thoughts to those affected.

Back