free website stats program Top Ten Roads to Ride before you die | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Top Ten Roads to Ride before you die

I would like to add 3 that can be done in a "sort of" loop ... on Vancouver Island ....

1 - Humpback Road

2 - Kangaroo Road

3 - Gillespe Road

these are all exciting to ride ... and i think they would be enjoyed by all ... the next time i am there i will try to video tape the ride ... i think you would be looking at a total ride time of 2 hours (casually, new to the area) to finish the loop... no down time ... all twisty's .. all the time.
if i find a good map i will post it.

I hadn't heard about Rt50. Can you describe it and what makes it great road?

Bernhard

It's advertised as the loneliest road in America.300 miles through Nevada.Check out...TravelNevada.com/HD for more info

Right now I'll ride on any road that doesn't have snow, salt or isn't full of pot holes.

I just got back from bike week Daytona, but lived in Fla for years so did the loop and Key West several times, Key West is always nice. Now I live about a hundred ten from the Dragon and hit it regular. I've rode all over the United States and I'm all about senic and curves. I'd say for my money though one of my favorite routes is looping off the Cherohala, taking the Dragon out to the Foothills Pkwy then head south to Cherokee then head home. I get curves, senic views, some speed jumps and a tad of interstate,, nice mix in a day.

There's only one I feel I have to do before I go.. RT66, the old highway. I've done it many times, both "back in the day" when there were no interstates & more recently several times, but always in a car. As great as it is on 4 wheels, it would be 10 times better on 2.

There's only one I feel I have to do before I go.. RT66, the old highway. I've done it many times, both "back in the day" when there were no interstates & more recently several times, but always in a car. As great as it is on 4 wheels, it would be 10 times better on 2.

Geez,how did I forget about Rt.66?Add it to my list!

Back