free website stats program Top speed | Harley Davidson Forums

Top speed

barnak

Was in a discussion tonight and peoples where talking about what top speed a Softail can do, speed from 180kmh up to 240kmh, I own a 08 FLSTC, and I will not try to hit the top speed with it, anybody have tried? thanks:D

I know my EGC will do 120mph.(200k) @4600rpm and is still willing to go faster:D

As I've stated in a past post; Abuddy of mine told me my ftboy would do 130 mph. i told him "not with me on it'. I've done 90 once or twice and that's fast enough for me.

My 08 Fatboy does 130. Takes alittle to get there but I have done it. I wiegh 165 lbs and had about a 4 mile flat straight away. Just wanted to see how fast it would go. Usually I keep under 100.

I really don't want to see how fast my FLHX will go. I can't image it would handle that great at speeds over 100.
I did push my Hayabusa to the 180 mark and it was still climbing rapidly
when I backed off the wick.

My 02 88" Heritage with V&H big shots and big air kit carbed will top out at 115 with 330 lbs riding behind the full sized windshield. I know some are faster but that is plenty for me.

on a related note ---
are HD's speedometers supposed to be correct? most other bikes (manufacturers) have a noted error between indicated speed and actual speed. haven't had my heritage long enough to really tell or find out if the speedo is correct. thanks......

You can go to the expense of having the speedo calibrated, but I use the automated Speed Sign you come across periodically, that track your speed as you approach and it displays in BIG Digit display how fast you are going, and just glance down at your speedometer to check accuracy. Found my aftermarket one works right on, at 45, 65 and 85 ---eh---on occasion and free is always good. :bigsmiley8:

My 2009 night train (bone stock) runs out of juice about 110mph. I have just finished installing V&H BS Staggered. The SE air cleaner and SERT plus dyno tune will be next week. From the anticipated torque curve I think the top speed should increase significantly. However, My son owns a Honda CBR 1000. I ride it sometimes. After the sonic boom I cant read the speedometer. White knuckles and brown shorts. Makes riding my Night Train seem like a moped.

Back