free website stats program Top speed on your bagger | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Top speed on your bagger

45mph..That's my favorite. I love the sound and feel of the bike at that speed. If left alone, I would be in total bliss to stay at that speed. I'm 60 but..even when I was young, it was still my favorite riding speed. Speed just never interested me much. Even when I had corvettes, GTO's etc...it was the initial power that thrilled me but top end never did.
Different strokes for different folks.

I've only taken my '09 flhrc up to 90mph, still had plenty left, but not much comfort level left for me.

Like many others, it seems, I like cruising at 70-80mph. Traffic is rarely going any faster than that, and if I need to crank it up to pass someone or change my spacing, there is certainly plenty more to be had.

ride safe
Drew

my 03 ultra with a stage 1 got up to 105mph. I felt that it could have gone more but the old laidy on the back started to tell me to slow down. shes smarter than I.

I ride an 06 Road King Police TC 88B and it'll top out at 94 to 100 depending on wind direction. A friend of mine has an 08 Heritage Softail with the 96CI engine and it's the same. I think Harley and the EPA have somthing to do with this cuz my Shovelhead "berzerker" will run lots faster and it's only an 80ci engine but then again it dose have some pretty far out stuff in it.

Many times two up,have hit over 120+mph,and still have a lot more,the bike is really set up.and go from fouth to fith gear around 85-90 mph at times when am really launching it,my red line or when my lifters float is 7300 rpm..flying low is the way to go..

DUE to the new racing / stunt driving laws in Ontario I`ll never find out what my top speeds are anymore, - min fines - automatic lic suspension - vehicle impounded ~ $10,000.00 fine , between lawyers to fight it & trying to get insurance after its not worth the risk any more.

I"m 52 and couldn't agree more. Kids grown up doing their own things and a wife who loves hitting the open road.. Life is great :p

+1 Couldn't agree more 75 is just fine

Although I have looked down and noticed +90 passing not something I try to do since I am usually two up :small3d023:

A whole lot faster than I want to go....a bit of age and wisdom cured me of the "need for speed" a long time ago.....not to mention getting the ....(edit).... scared out of me with some of my less than briliant stunts....

Back