free website stats program Top speed on your bagger | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Top speed on your bagger

Well I've had mine at an indicated 100mph, but not nearly as fast as this.

"In 2006 Laura [Klock] became well-known in motorcycling circles when she set a world record racing a customized Harley-Davidson Road Glide on the Bonneville Salt Flats going 143.659 mph in 2006. She was racing for Klock Werks Kustom Cycles, the company she owns with her husband, Brian Klock. In 2008, she broke her own record with a top speed of 153.906 mph, and a new record of 153.592 going into the books. Speed is in her blood, something she has no problem passing on to her children."

See the article hereTelling someone they ride like a girl in this case is sure a complement.

Mainah Are you calling Hobbit a girl:rofl:D

I installed one of the first 131 Jim's in a 08 street glide at birth, the gentleman sold the engine (0 miles) on ebay which paid good part of jims engine. Got to go to Lake Havsu in Febuary to break in Ha Ha, most fun bike I ever road and I've ridden a few. 80 mph like taking off in first gear, test riding it one day in Idaho and notice trucks were really going slow on the interstste, looked down spedo said 120 mph, really thought I was just crusing the speed limit, glad I don't own it, could not afford the fines untill I lost my license. The FLXH is a really nice riding bike. Pat, the owner, has cruised it at 140+ and had throttle left but no (edit) I never thought a bagger would be the fastest bike I ever rode. And over 20,000 and not one problem with the engine, way to go Jim's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like driving too fast, anymore, but on my stock 09 Road king Classic I usually cruse at about 120KPH (75MPH) but I find in today’s world I fell I'm poking along, with other traffic always on my [EDIT] or passing me, I have taken my new Harley up to 160KMH (100MPH) but after that, they doesn't seem to be any more hulling power, it really has to work to go faster. I plan on doing a stage one over the winter so maybe that will help. I had a 07 1300 Yamaha Tourer before the RK and it had a lot more pulling power on the top end. 200KPH plus, but the feeling for the ride wasn’t there like it is with the HD.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not have a huge motor but it is built, and I backed off mine at 110mph and I was still pulling and had throttle left. As far as rpm's that is why they made rev limiters.

After I installed the 106 and got her dynoed out and broken in I took the little lady (my bike) up on the HWY and opened her up pretty good outside of town and tipped 110 MPH pretty easily. Still had another gear and plenty of throttle to grab hold of but I just didnt have the cojones to push it a whole lot more. Didnt feel any wobble or anything, just didn't want the ticket if I were to get one.

does a Goldwing count as a bagger, 140mph
It has bags
the 2003 RK i had when it hit 100mph you knew it
@ 100 on the 09 it fills like it will take a lot more

Back