free website stats program Tooth count on rear spocket. | Harley Davidson Forums

Tooth count on rear spocket.

I am pretty sure that the stock sprockets on that bike are 32 front 70 rear.

here's a question about drive sprockets. i have an '02 flhri with 5 speed tranny. i'm not really interested in puttin in a 6 speed tranny, but would like to "gear it down" a little bit to run a little lower rpms at highway speed. not a big deal, but seems like changing the front sprocket when i'm replacing the belt would be easy enuff to do and could lower the rpms in 5th gear without causing luggin in 1st and 2nd. i would guess that maybe a decrease by one tooth might work. any thoughts? have any of you done this? is a different size sprocket even available?

here's a question about drive sprockets. i have an '02 flhri with 5 speed tranny. i'm not really interested in puttin in a 6 speed tranny, but would like to "gear it down" a little bit to run a little lower rpms at highway speed. not a big deal, but seems like changing the front sprocket when i'm replacing the belt would be easy enuff to do and could lower the rpms in 5th gear without causing luggin in 1st and 2nd. i would guess that maybe a decrease by one tooth might work. any thoughts? have any of you done this? is a different size sprocket even available?
changing the front sprocket decrease by one tooth would raise RPM in all gears.changing rear sprocket decrease by one tooth would lower RPM in all gears.

As bigjmc stated you need to increase the teeth on the front sprocket. There are several different tooth counts available in the After Market. Yours stock is probably a 32T
tourbox

Back