free website stats program tools for cam change | Harley Davidson Forums

tools for cam change

Scrounger

Just finished a chrome front end and plan to tackle a cam install in my FLHTK. I need the tool to remove and install new bearings and need some suggestions on where to buy them if I only plan to use them once. Wish local shops had tool rentals like Advance Auto.

Maybe we could set up a tool exchange program here?

I think it was TQ that mentioned one time that we could charge a deposit for the cost of the tools and if they came back, fine. If they didnt, fine. It is certainly a good idea but I think we may spend a lot of time replacing tools.

Just finished a chrome front end and plan to tackle a cam install in my FLHTK. I need the tool to remove and install new bearings and need some suggestions on where to buy them if I only plan to use them once. Wish local shops had tool rentals like Advance Auto.

Send me a PM and maybe we can hook up, I have the tool.

I think it was TQ that mentioned one time that we could charge a deposit for the cost of the tools and if they came back, fine. If they didnt, fine. It is certainly a good idea but I think we may spend a lot of time replacing tools.

Basically the deposit is two or three times the tools so the incentive is to return them or really take it in the shorts.

Basically the deposit is two or three times the tools so the incentive is to return them or really take it in the shorts.

Nah, what was discussed was the deposit being the cost of the tools.

I bought the tools new from George's Garage (through Herko at the time). They were about $80 each (puller and install kits). I wanted $100 for both once I was done, so I let the guy know if he gave me a deposit for a $100, I would send it back to him on return of the tools, or keep the money if he decided to keep the tools. Either way I was happy. Guess he liked the tools!!

BTW, make sure you get the right size tools for your engine. The 96 and up have the larger size inner bearings and take the B-168 Torringtons. Mine uses the B-148 Torringtons. I think the tools you need are:

GG Inner Bearing Puller kit: 320640

GG Inner Bearing Installer kit: 320650

See here:

06-Up T/Cam Engine

TQ

Back