free website stats program Tool Rental | Harley Davidson Forums

Tool Rental

50 pan

Can anyone tell me if there is someplace i can rent cam bearing remover, installer, and assembley tools for an 08 96" FL,, these are not the same as pre 07 88" twin cam tools,, Thanks

If you want to make an investment in tools... I have seen several nice Bearing removal/ Installer tools at Harbor Freight in person. If you're not close to one they have a good web site... Harbor Freight.com

Can anyone tell me if there is someplace i can rent cam bearing remover, installer, and assembley tools for an 08 96" FL,, these are not the same as pre 07 88" twin cam tools,, Thanks

I seriously doubt it. You need a blind hole bearing puller and installer. If you look at TQ's hydraulic chain tension pictures, it is tricky to install those cage roller bearings without damage. Taking them out with a blind hole bearing puller is easy. Pressing them back in without damage is another.

Wow, already changing bearings on an 2008 '96? What happened?

Also if not using the proper bearing removal tool you can drop a needle or more into the crank case requireing some good luck to fish them out or splitting the cases
kemo

The inner cam bearing tool remover and installer that I sued on my TC88 made a tricky job routine. As was mentioned, you need to pull the old inner bearings out without dropping the needles into the crankcase. Installing the new one's requires a setback from the rear of the case which would be almost impossible to do without the installer, that puts the bearings in with the appropriate clearance. I bought mine from George's Garage for about $150, and when i was done, Ebayed them for about $100. Good luck

Thanx all,,, i installed a 103 kit with new cams is why i needed to replace the bearings.. i ended up buying the tools at JIMS.. expensive,, but, very good american made tools that worked as they are supposed to,, also less than what the labor at a dealer would be,,I will be ebaying them in the furture.. I bought the bearing remover, bearing installer, and the cam gear locking tools,,,other than having to replace a worn cam chain tensioner,,the job went very well..

Back