free website stats program Tool kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Tool kit

pfschmidt

I just had my 5K service done on my 2010 EG classic. I was looking at my tool kit I got with bike. There is a pocket for something. I don't know if I am missing something or there is just an additional pocket for something like the suspension pump I just got.

I can't find any documentation on this. Dealer can't find any itemization of tool kit to resolve my question. Attached is picture, see empty far right pocket

Any thoughts.

pete

Attachments

• HD_tool_kit.jpg
    HD_tool_kit.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 117
I just assumed it was there for the owner to add his favorite tool..I have a bunch of zip ties and a leatherman multi tool there.

I just assumed it was there for the owner to add his favorite tool..I have a bunch of zip ties and a leatherman multi tool there.

I got those too, but I also put real wrenches in instead of the stamped ones that it comes with, two of each.

I will look at mine for you when I get back home.

Do you know what the 2 items to the right of the screw driver are?

Thanks all for the quick replies. I keep my toolbag (the two next to the screwdriver are sockets that use the screwdriver shaft, put thru two holes in sockets to use as torque wrench, they fit on axle nuts and other places) and some extra tools and future tire tire repair kit in my hardcase bag, shoved all the way back (tit of case) under my rain gear. Maybe I am too prepared.

Carry small tool kit torx, allen & wrenches all sized appropriate, flashlight, tire patch/plug w/ inflator, is just fine. You can "never be too prepared"!

I'm looking for an aftermarket toolkit for my bike. Has anyone got one or seen a real good one? I think I'll mount it low on my frame behind the front wheel. So a waterproof/dustproof roll would be good.

I use Leatherworks tool bag No. 95, houses a multipocketed apron with all tools rolled up and covered in heavy plastic bag. Leather may get wet, but it breathes so moisure evaporates from the inside. Actually have two tool bags, one in back (slightly larger) than the one on front fork only slightly full for incidentals, smaller to not block signals and clear windscreen & fender at full suspension travel. Took a lot of measuring to get it right.

Back