free website stats program Tool Kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Tool Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatanka

Wanted to get the low down on what to carry for tools for a 01 Softail. I have been carrying for the past few year a bag of tools but i think i would like to scale back on the weight.
Here is what i have now. Wanted to see if what should I really carry besides a cell phone.
Allen Wrenches
1/4 drive of Torque drive
1/4 drive rachet
sockets consist of 1/4,5/16
3/8 drive rachet,small extension
sockets consiste of 3/8-3/4 deep well and shorts
Wrenches from 10,3/8-5/8
Multi screw driver-phillips/flat
Extra spark plugs

Tatanka besides a big bison of a bike to carry your tools, what else do you need?...Seriously, take a look here for related threads, using the Search tab and typing in tool kit list...

http://www.hdtimeline.com/touring_models/19538-you_carry_tools_extra_parts_etc_on_your_bike.html

I carry medium size Leatherworks tool bag, mult-pocket work apron w/torx & allen hex key sets w/ extender flat ratched handle, 6 in one screwdriver, sparkplug socket w/ reversible ratchet 3/8" drive. using size specific socket in both Metric/Inches. Channel lock pliers, long nosed pliers, wide range 6" crecent (Sears), tubeless tire Stop and Go plug w/ small Inflation air pump. LED headlight (longer life and brighter for 4 hours of off road repair), or until AAA/RV road side assistance card can "kick in".

Last edited:
To conserve space, I don't carry sockets or rachets in my tool kit. I use open end wrenches with a different size on each end 3/8"-7/16', 1/2'-9/16", etc. I might wish for a box end or socket, but it's a road kit. I also carry a folding torx set, and folding allen set (Sears). My screwdriver is one handle, several tips inside handle. And my own selection of items from all the kits in the tips section.:)

Tatanka,
One rider told me that they didn't carry tools cause they didn't know how to use them.
I answered that If I happened on to him while He was broken down and I didn't Have MY tools?
He made up a tool kit right off. Just the basic tools in a Little Waterproof-Bag .

Good to carry the Needed things but I personally don't go overboard...

Hopefully Hoople will come along if I break down and He must carry all!

signed....BUBBIE

Tatanka,
One rider told me that they didn't carry tools cause they didn't know how to use them.
I answered that If I happened on to him while He was broken down and I didn't Have MY tools?
He made up a tool kit right off. Just the basic tools in a Little Waterproof-Bag .

Good to carry the Needed things but I personally don't go overboard...

Hopefully Hoople will come along if I break down and He must carry all!

signed....BUBBIE

Got to have a Hoople in your tool box not a jack in the box I think Glider said that LOL:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back