took her for a spin

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by slim jim, Apr 24, 2010.

1. slim jim

slim jim Member

Well, i took her out for a ride today. I have not ridden a 1340 evo till today and man what a ride! I have some sorting out to do, brakes for starters. I went to my dealership today and bought a new carb and air cleaner. The ride is great nice and comfy. I grabbed a handful of throttle and lifted the front wheel! I also have to fix the speedo. Riding this bike is like night and day compared to my xl1200. As i have no history to by only that the engine was rebuilt, this engine is very crisp. It also has a very nasty lope in her when at idle. I am very impressed with this bike. I am also going to replace the starter drive tomorow . There is a huge bike swap meet next weekend in keene nh next week and i am going to see if there are parts there, this swap meet is mostly harley and it is about 6 or 7 acres of parts and bikes. I also enjoy this forum and have somewhere to talk to other people that have the same thoughts and dreams! latter jd:D
  2. Scrappy

Scrappy Active Member

nice. happy hunting. 5th gear 3000 rpm is the happy place. all is smooth. ahh anytime its rolling is the happy place.
  3. rick1062

rick1062 Active Member

Good on you, glad to hear it went so good.:p
  4. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

Good luck and enjoy the ride. :s