free website stats program Too old to care. Too young to quit. | Harley Davidson Forums

Too old to care. Too young to quit.

Casper52

I'm not new to motorcycles, but I'm looking for my first Harley. I live on the outageously gorgeous Oregon coast.
I'm thinking about a used Street Glide or Electra Glide and am hoping I can get some advice on what to buy or not to buy.
All kind suggestions or pointers appreciated !

Preferably $20K-ish, mostly cruising up and down the Oregon / Cali coast. Maybe a week or a long weekend here and there.

How about something like this?

Fully Dressed Road King.jpg

10 13 09 Side New Leathers Rick.jpg

It is an '03 Roadking Classic, 100 Year Anniversary model. With a Roadking, you can do as I did, and add a variety of niceties, such as batwing fairing, tourpak, re-curve windshield, a selection of seats and saddles, etc. That way, you can configure her to be what you want, on any particular day. All accessories are quick disconnect.

Enjoy,
Rich P

You need to ride both Street and Electra Glides.There is a difference in handling and ride quality.Nothing wrong with a Road King either.You need to determine what fits You.

Welcome to the forum.
All 3 types of bikes can do what you want.
Just a different feel while riding.
Ths RoadKing, great bike, you can switch up the look so quick, and is great on the long rides.
StreetGlide, some call it the hotrod, also can have a quick disconnect brackets to have a back rest / luggage rack or tourpak added.
Ultra, this can be set up the same as a StreetGlide with quick disconnect to remove the tourpak and add back rest / luggage rack.
Each get simular mpg but the Ultra is a bit more top heavy, but to me the better ride. I'm closing in on 60 but the Ultra is my choice and I have had all 3 models.
All 3 will do great 2 up. But when we went from the RoadKing to the Ultra, the wife was very happy we did.
Both in comfort and storage.
Ride each, maybe a few times, think about or lay out what things you may take on extended rides.
May help decide what bike will fit you best.

Welcome to HDT from sunny AZ. All good suggestions above. If your local Harley dealer rents motorcycles you may want to rent for the day or weekend the different models to see which one fits the bill.

Welcome from So. Texas. I agree with the above the above statements. I have had 4 Elect. Glides, 1 Road Glide and rode several RK. like them all.
tourbox

Back