free website stats program Too much windshield crazing? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Too much windshield crazing?

My experience with buffing the a factory shield for the RK wasn't great. I found the Harley shield has some sort of coating that you start to buff through right away. Once that starts you are doing the WHOLE shield. Once the coating was gone it just was never the same and seemed to get worse. I bought a LRS and never looked back and wont fiddle with one again. At the beginning of the year LRS has great deals on shields. I'm talking less than $100 for a full "fat guy" RK shield. Very nice product IMO.

Long Ride Shields
X2 on LRS have 2 myself.
WAP.gif

+1 on glazier's tip of cerium oxide, it's the stuff in jeweler's rouge, it may help, but to me that windshield looks like it's seen better days. Another thing on the power ball, be sure not to press too hard when buffing, the nut that holds it on can scratch. Good luck!

Thanks to all for the replies and tip of the hat to glazier for his general offer. This wind screen is one I was attaching to a Dayton fairing on my BMW R9T; I dropped it when attaching it to the fairing. The scratches the result of coming in contact with the concrete floor and are surface scratches that are not in the main part of the wind screen and are not obstructing vision but I would like to remove them.

I think I have enough information to move on it now. Thanks again to all and good luck to glazier on his move; I hope he is staying in Texas.:D

Back