free website stats program Too much oil! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Too much oil!

I've not tried siphoning oil, but instead of pulling the tubing out of the reservoir why not just take the end out of your mouth and stick it in the bottle (held lower than the reservoir)? The oil should then just siphon, especially if it's warm.

I bought a turkey baster at the dollar store to use in the garage. It's my turkey baster and the wife can borrow any time she wants to. :D

Plus whatever for the Turkey Baster.Works like a mess free charm.I used to use a large plastic syringe that i could get from a Vet.However,the Baster leaves that idea way behind.

Another thing that works is blowing air from a compressor across the end of the tube. That will make it a vacuum and no oil in your mouth.

You can also get a hose from a boating supply that is used on outboard motors that has a primer bulb in the hose and then remove the end fittings. Nothing worse than a mouth full of oil.

tn841s3.jpg

I'm way ahead of you , did that on my last change . I used about 3' or so of 1/4" cvt and each fill was about 2-3 oz. . Worked good for me .

For removing a small amount (quart or less) I go for the turkey baster. Small investment for something I've needed maybe twice in the last 8 or 9 years.

Back