free website stats program Too loud man? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Too loud man?

Your Quote: like loud. But you have to 'think' and respect your neighbors.

Your absolutely right. We have been living in the same house, same street with almost the same very quiet neighbors for the past 25 years and when I leave for a ride at 6:00am on saturday... I feel bad to crank my RK with my 50/50 SE.

i agree with CLINT.
i am a firm believer that loud pipes save lives.
people have those fart pipes on their hondas, and rap music blasting in the cars from 3 miles away.
heck even your neighbors, have loud lawn mowers or snowblowers, everybody makes noise or does something that somebody else feel offended by

Loud is good, chose drag pipes with 12" baffles (to remove the high pitched bark), sound is good! Neighbors are happier with the baffles in as well. :D

Rider-n-Pillion_Mods-1.jpg

Last edited:
I want my bike to sound like a Harley. I also want my neighbor to enjoy Lawrence Welk if he so chooses. We may never agree on our choices of entertainment, but I would be the last person to deny his or her pursuit of enjoyment just to satisfy my own.

I own a 2007 883. When I bought it I put on a set of V&H short shots. Did a full stage one upgrade. It barks like a big dog! It's what they call a three block ride. Half mile if not better. The old lady knows I'm on my way home. Boots the boyfriend out, makes sure my dinner is on the table, I live in the city,so know body complains, if they did, it couldn't matter anyway. Keep it load, your better off. Trust me on this. HOLLYWOOD...........................

Loud is good

Main reason the rwesidents around the lakes in Laconia have had it it with the rally and want it gone. while it isn't gone, the enforcement of exhaust notes are way up and continue.

Common sense works well.

I have the same pipes as you but chrome. I have the quiet baffles in and it's quieter than my Fat Boy wus........but better than stock, a nice 'Rumble'.

..............all I need now is spring and all the pot holes fixed!! :D

i agrre with the post refering to have respect. In my neighborhood, there are a lot of eldery couples. since i have the long shots, without baffles, i ease my ride up the road to get away from my neighborhood, then open it up.
treat others how you want to be treated.:s

Back