free website stats program Too good to be true???? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Too good to be true????

Sounds kind of fishy. My work works at a bank and they handle there repo's a little different. They have a 97 Sporty now that has lots of chrome added and custom paint job. they are doing a silent bid with this one and the highest bid wins.

Using the driving directions map on their site, Google maps street view shows the "main storage facility" as a public storage rental place.

Street view shows the Miami office address looking like a legit store front, at least there's a sign and a fenced in storage yard in what looks like a light industry part of town. They're repo outfit after all...more like a pawn shop than a Neiman Marcus kind of business.

I'd be real leary anyway!
Why not contact the Miami or Pensacola BBB and see what's what with them.

When buying a used bike, make sure the Frame Vin number matches the engine vin number or you'll have trouble trying to sell it out right. If the bike is what you want and you don't care fine, but the numbers got to match or you need to re-register the bike.

Last edited:
Good call glider. A lot of these crazy emails like "rrrrrtttttt@hdowerti.com" are trojan carriers which means when opened, give some hacker access to your hard drive. I just mark as "unsafe" and delete. Once marked, the email sender should be blocked from your computer, at least until they create a new address. It's sad but I view each email I get as a potential scam.

I checked with the Pensacola BBB and the business exists, but it is not a member of the BBB and does not have a reliability rating. I researched repo businesses and in most cases, vehicle sales are conducted via an auction, rather than the way this business is purporting to do.

I had a feeling it was probably (EDIT)the minute I saw how much they were selling the bikes for. In the Google searches I did on this business, I pulled up a craigslist posting from someone who bought a car in this manner and the guy reported the repo business sold his information to the bank that originally owned the vehicle and the bank charged him an additional amount of money on the vehicle in the thousands of dollars. For that guy, this essentially erased any deal he would have received.

Please read this...
[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember that there were many, many vehicles under water during Katrina and other weather disasters in the Southeast, and may have all sorts of water damage, some easily spotted, some not.

Quick update...I posed this question on another forum and a member posted a message saying he was going to use this business to purchase a bike. Turns out he got taken in a scam. This was the whole reason I posed this question so I could find out if anybody had heard of this place and to find out if it was legit. Maybe others will see this post and steer clear of that website.

Back