free website stats program too fast! | Harley Davidson Forums

too fast!

hogtyd

Good morning all! I have a problem I have not been able to find in the self help. When I am comming to a stop light, I wait till the motor starts to lug a little then I pull in the clutch. when i am at a dead stop the motor continues to run at about 1500 to 1700 rpm for about 3 to 5 seconds before returning to 1050. It seems to do this more when the motor is warm and I have been running at 55 for 5 minutes or more. I checked the throttle cable adjustments and when I let go of the throttle the throttle body is closing all the way. I have a 2007 low rider with a screamin eagle air cleaner and vance hines big shot staggerd duels. I am also running a TFI fuel manager. the bike runs great except for this one problem. Anyone else having this problem? If so how can I stop it. ( how bout it Glider, any ideas?)

Glider must have been busy refilling his coffee mug - three whole minutes to find the appropriate link! :p

MY 07 Streetbob did the same thing then it lost its idle The Stealer reloaded a new Torque smoothing map and no more problems, they said yhis one should have been done before I bought the bike It was on there dime check it out:)

:D That's about my "average" response time :newsmile040:

The refilling of the coffee cup or the answering of the question...that mainframe and hard drive does take a bit to spin up that early in the morning huh...! :newsmile100:

Well, as usual glider knows his stuff!! Cleaned the air hole like the self help tip that glider found for me and alas runs like a new one thanks again Glider.

Well, that is another story. Since the web site was down thursday afternoon I rolled by the dealership on my way home to see if there was any fast fix I could do myself. Since I have a 3 year warrenty I let them talk me into an app. friday. They put it on the dyno and ran every diagnostic program the could find. Could not duplicate the problem. Finally as a last resort the wrench took to the street. Service mang. comes to me and says a truck turned in front of him and he had to lay it down to avoid hitting the the truck. Well, everything turned out ok very minor damage which the dealership took care of except for the scratched up heat sheild on my brand new vance hines pipes. they have order new ones. the didn't charge me for the dyno time or the diagnostic. (but didn't fix it either) I took it home and did your recomended fix and it worked great. now all I have to do is wait for the call to get my new heat shield installed.

Back