Too Cold

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by bubbacraft, Oct 19, 2008.

1. bubbacraft

bubbacraft Active Member

My 2000 Dyna doesn't like to start in weather below 50. I think my battery is a little weak. I boosted it yesterday with a power pack, what a pain. Any ideas on how to better boost or charge this model?
    Or does someone down south want a room mate?

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

3. bubbacraft

bubbacraft Active Member

Thanks Glider do I have to buy one of these from a Harley Dealer?

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

You can get them in a number of places, usually cheaper than the HD dealer that sells the same unit.

Check out the links in that post if you can't get it locally.

5. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Nope. Harley Davidson does not make batteries or battery chargers. If you want a heavy duty battery that is gonna last, check these out:

ODYSSEY Batteries

TQ

6. glider

glider Veteran Member

Funny thing is the local dealer sells the battery tender repackaged in the HD packaging here.

7. SledDog

SledDog Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

Sure! I have room for your bike in the garage. But no room in the house.. So, you'll have to sleep in a tent in the yard....

But your ride will be safe and comfortable...

8. bubbacraft

bubbacraft Active Member

Great how'd be I drive my RV to your house all I need is a powercord and a 26 foot paved laneway and sunshine

9. bubbacraft

bubbacraft Active Member

That sounds great. I have a 2000 with the original batterie. It still cranks in warm weather. I can't see how I could install a batterie tender? There is no room under the cover.

10. glider

glider Veteran Member

It's only the pigtail (wire) that stays with the bike connected to the battery. The rest of the unit is about the size as a pack of cigarettes that plugs into the wall.