free website stats program Too cold for ya? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Too cold for ya?

its never to cold to ride - if i can open the garage door i ride i have pics on here of my bike in the Snow same as Smitty, bad weather riding keeps the skills honed ready for the riding season, coldest so far this year for me -15C with wind chill yes i had ice on the bars/mirrors/Speedo/levers/Face :D i only ride with open face must get me a full face

But then we wont know who you are when you blast past us LOL, it is cold here to for this time of year but like you I ride:p

This is supposed to be Florida AKA the Sunshine State. It's more like Florida the state with 'Frozen' oranges and strawberries.
:small3d017::newsmile078::newsmile033:

I'm not limited by the cold as much as I am limited by my bike's reaction to the cold. I tried to start my carberated engine in 12 degree weather and it wouldn't crank. I tried later in the day when the temp had reached 28 degrees and it turned right over. I wonder at which point the temp is too low for the engine to start?

This is supposed to be Florida AKA the Sunshine State. It's more like Florida the state with 'Frozen' oranges and strawberries.
:small3d017::newsmile078::newsmile033:
When I looked in my local paper here in Massachusetts they had on the front page a picture of an orange hanging from a tree with a thick layer of ice covering it. The paper said the temperature down there was in the twenties! Brrrrrr! That is similiar to the weather that we are having up here, 1500 miles North!!

When I looked in my local paper here in Massachusetts they had on the front page a picture of an orange hanging from a tree with a thick layer of ice covering it. The paper said the temperature down there was in the twenties! Brrrrrr! That is similiar to the weather that we are having up here, 1500 miles North!!

Yeah, but this is very unusual for this time of year, Global Warming?:p

As much as I'd like to, I've stopped my daily rides to work. It's not so much the cold but the idiots on the hiways
on my commute home. It's dark at 6 pm and the morons have already stopped thinking about any vehicle smaller
than a Greyhound bus. Plus, they're all in a big (Edit) hurry to get home. So, it's just
not fun to ride home. I do take rides on the weekends as long as the temps are above about 15 deg. I have the
Gerbering heated gloves and flannel lined jeans and just layer up with flannel and sweatshirts, heavy socks,
balaclava, and full face helmet.

Geez, it's almost as much trouble gearing up to go for a ride as it is to go skiing. lol

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
its never to cold to ride - if i can open the garage door i ride i have pics on here of my bike in the Snow same as Smitty, bad weather riding keeps the skills honed ready for the riding season, coldest so far this year for me -15C with wind chill yes i had ice on the bars/mirrors/Speedo/levers/Face :D i only ride with open face must get me a full face

Open face helmet!!! -15c!!!! Right. The Hobster must have some super duty facial hair wind protection!!!!

lol:D

jk.

Yes, it's getting cold in Ormond Beach, no snow yet.
Ormond_Beach.gifhttp:

Back