free website stats program Toluene | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Toluene

Isnt this the same solvent used in old model airplane glue? That was some pretty potent stuff

My father in-law worked for Skelly oil back in the midwest. I remember him telling me that Toluene was a common ingredient used as an octane booster in the Skelly premium grade fuel. I purchased a 5 gallon container here in Southern California years back when I was running the desert. I used it as a blend with premium fuel as we were running high compression engines.

Isnt this the same solvent used in old model airplane glue? That was some pretty potent stuff

Jack, What was the additive(and story) you used and had problems with... Something sticks in my mind about it was you who ruined a good engine using too much or too often????:newsmile055:

signed....BUBBIE

BUBBIE, I wish I could get some of that 80's gasoline....Sunoco 260 to be exact! My 76 1000cc Sportster loved it!! The 69 Charger liked it as well!!
When will the big ethanol fraud come to light and get tossed to the curb???
wilks3
:USA

Additional problems with toluene is it will degrade most plastics and silicone compounds. Don't know if any of these are used in our bikes.

Most people think high octane=horsepower...that's not true..unless you have HIGH compression motor...which 90% of HDs does not fall in this category...the lowest octane you can get away with burning will produce more power...

Most people think high octane=horsepower...that's not true..unless you have HIGH compression motor...which 90% of HDs does not fall in this category...the lowest octane you can get away with burning will produce more power...

How true, How true, rkrdr2.............
wilks3

Yes I also agree...

Low octane gasoline has MORE BTU's then High Octane...

signed....BUBBIE

BUBBIE, I wish I could get some of that 80's gasoline....Sunoco 260 to be exact! My 76 1000cc Sportster loved it!! The 69 Charger liked it as well!!
When will the big ethanol fraud come to light and get tossed to the curb???
wilks3

Probably when their isn't enough Corn left to feed the animals that need it to get them to the slaughter house and Feed us OR Just plain Over-priced Grains that we cannot afford.

Sad but true.. Business's like ADM make out like a Bandit on the alcohol and the heck with food chain..:newsmile093:

Big mistake to put into our gas even Almost as bad as the MTBE . But in another way.

signed....BUBBIE

Back