free website stats program toll fees for motorcycles | Harley Davidson Forums

toll fees for motorcycles

Last year when we travelled the N.Y. and N.J> toll roads they charged us the two axle rate,same as a car

I don't think they do it in NY but in some of the E-Pass states, if you have the electronic toll ticker, you get a discount rather than paying cash. I always have been charged the two axle rate.

I tried to lobby the North Texas Tollway Authority to reduce the rates on motorcycles. As mentioned they charge for two axles, same as a car. I got as far as the Director of Customer Service and he felt it was his responsibility to say, "No, reduction and no one else in the country does it either."

I believe I've seen different pricing for motorcycles on other states' tollways or turnpikes, but can't remember where.

Anyway, I have mine in the windshield pouch and it only reads about half the time. Since their cameras can't see the plate under my tour pack, it's their loss. Had they been a little more cooperative, I may have been more concerned about missing a toll or two.

Just another example of how we are often seen as second class citizens.

the 91 express lanes in orange county Ca offer free fast pass to motorcycles but you must pay a small fee in peak hours or rush. its a ten mile toll road.

Same as the cars with the exception of the Tappanzee bridge If I remember correctly it was a dollar or 2 cheaper on the bike. No break for running on 2 wheels, not fair but it's how it is!:(

Back