toe/heal shifter

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by AZDave, May 21, 2009.

1. AZDave

AZDave Active Member

New guy question. I need to raise my shift ped just s little for my boot to fit. It looks like I can just losen the hex does it just move on a spline?
    Thanks for the help

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

You have to remove the bolt to move the pedal on the spline because of the design of the shaft.

3. AZDave

AZDave Active Member

Thanks glider you seem to have a deep well of HD understanding.

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

And I have the scars and burns to prove it too :s

5. Steve Di.

Steve Di. Active Member

Do you guys know if they sell a shorter heel shifter? It appears as though the heel shifter on my Heritage was designed for someone with a size 12 boot.:s

6. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

I have never heard that request before,It seems most of us try to find a way to get it further away:D

7. ktorian

ktorian Member

I have found that the folding heel shifter greatly alleviates this problem. It gives you much more room and is functional even in the rear position which is where I leave it all the time. It allows you to easily switch from the rear position to the normal position for in-town driving, but I have found that to be unnecessary.

Harley-Davidson USA | Accessories And Apparel | Genuine Motor Accessories

8. buddybr

buddybr Active Member

I solved my rear shifter problem, I took the whole leaver off. I never used it anyway. HD make a nice little cap to cover the bare splines.
    :USA

9. buddybr

buddybr Active Member

I agree, the rear shifter just seemed to get in the way for me. I like it much better without it.
    :USA