free website stats program todays engine oil temp | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

todays engine oil temp

Just installed a TFI and, after a really hot ride during bike week, changed oil from a semi syn back to M1. Noticed on a ride to St. Augustine, going 70mph on I4, bike was running around 240*..not bad. As soon as I got off the highway and onto secondary roads, temperature dropped to just under 230* (boy I was glad to see it drop instead of rise). the slower speeds on the secondary road really cooled the bike off. I also noticed that my EITMS was not kicking on like it did prior to the TFI. Don't know if it was that, the oil change back to full synthetic or a combination but either way, the bike is running a little cooler. Still gonna get an oil cooler just for insurance, though.

Just installed a TFI and, after a really hot ride during bike week, changed oil from a semi syn back to M1. Noticed on a ride to St. Augustine, going 70mph on I4, bike was running around 240*..not bad. As soon as I got off the highway and onto secondary roads, temperature dropped to just under 230* (boy I was glad to see it drop instead of rise). the slower speeds on the secondary road really cooled the bike off. I also noticed that my EITMS was not kicking on like it did prior to the TFI. Don't know if it was that, the oil change back to full synthetic or a combination but either way, the bike is running a little cooler. Still gonna get an oil cooler just for insurance, though.

Yeah, and take off the lowers in the Summer. Big difference!!

TQ

Back