free website stats program todays engine oil temp | Harley Davidson Forums

todays engine oil temp

kemo

R.I.P
Today the engine oil temp was about 240. Air temp was 82 and we were riding 2 up at 68 mph. Next week I should have H/D cooler on bike so I will check back later. I use Amsoil V twin oil in the engine.

Kemo, sounds like my bike. My temp run steadily at around 230-240 while cruising and then shoots up quickly when sitting at idle. In the summer, I can pretty much expect my EITMS to activate at almost every light. I, like you, plan on installing an oil cooler and continue to ride. May unplug my oil temp gauge though...heheeh.

Is the oil cooler a HD product and does anyone know just how much it helps as far as lowering temp compared to without.

Is the oil cooler a HD product and does anyone know just how much it helps as far as lowering temp compared to without.

Jag is one mentioned on here quite a bit ! And after some of the members that have put them on,they have seen a difference.

Here is a recent discussion about that subject. You will see in Glider's response, several links to more info. As one that has installed an oil cooler on my bike, I am a strong proponent for doing so on any bagger and probably any air cooled bike.

Oil Temp gauge and Oil Cooler - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Oil temp was taken with a Mcewen fairing mounted guage with the senser in the oil pan. The cooler that I ordered from Zanotti's is not coming. I ordered Jan 20. Back ordered was supposed to come feb 2, did not arrive. New b/o date feb 11, didn't happen. New b/o date is feb 23. Forget it I will find one some where else.

Thanks TQ1 I am sold ...easy install ...not to expensive and gotta take care of the lube.

I would be willing to bet from looking at it the cooler is Jagg .. the Adapter is not I would say its made by HD

Thanks for the tips Smitty...I noticed that adapter as an additional cost on the jagg for the 09

Back