free website stats program today is a good day for a 2010 | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

today is a good day for a 2010

just ordered all the spectro fluids, now time to order stage one, also lowering fork springs, then time to ride the (edit)out of it..:D

Last edited by a moderator:
here is another pic..
jjdh-albums-new-toy-picture39531-bike-ebay-pics-028-640x480.jpg

just put the spectro 6 speed in today. the results are good, the transmission seems smoother, overall am pleased with spectro fluids.. i used the stuff before, not the full synthetic... wating for lowering kit, some willie covers, heavy breather, still havnt figured on exhaust yet. gotta wait till someone makes one.:rider

definately post some pics when you get a chance, congrats on the new bike...

just got done installing the lowering springs in the forks. absolutely love it, little bit closer to flat footed. put the willie covers on, heavy breather.i also used spectro type e fork oil. the heavier fluid really improves the ride. exhaust is next... :D

ok just got off the phone with a tech from d and d exhaust. no tuner needed for a 2010 with a stage one. if you do engine mods then you will need a tuner. the afr stayed the same when they dynoed the bike with an air cleaner and exhaust. now the only reason one would use a tuner is too richen it up a bit in order to run a bit cooler, the performance will stay the same with no increase in power from the tuner.. i am convinced. later i may buy a tuner and get dynoed, for now the exhaust is on its way...gonna install and run it like i stole it...

just installed the d and d boss 2 into 1
jjdh-albums-exhaust+install-picture2555-there_she_is.jpg
jjdh-albums-exhaust+install-picture2557-almost_done.jpg
jjdh-albums-exhaust+install-picture2559-nice.jpg
jjdh-albums-exhaust+install-picture2560-79_49_hp_94lbs_of_torque_with_heavy_breather_stock_pipe_no_tuner.jpg

dyno with stock exhaust, heavy breather, no tuner 79.49hp, 94lbs torque

updates, stage one complete, added the super tuner, had the harley shop tune the bike,,, very happy, now i have my eyes set on an engine kit, maybe next year,,,,,,,need more power:D

Looks like your putting together a nice ride there man. Did the spectro help the 1st gear whine and also did it limit the "clunk" from neutral to first?

I am looking at those pipes for mine , talked with dealer I go to about them he said you can chnage them one of the screws takes a a torx with a hole in the center. look at it you will understand why they had to do that (EPA0.
He said they are not lound at low rpm but sound good when you hit it.
And they can be made to sound even better.
I only do one mod at a time so so as sweeper is done I will ordr the pipes with in a couple weeks of that.
Looked at a set in person today, they do look good.

The tool Smitty referred to is a "Security Torx" having a little post to prevent a conventional Torx bit from entering. They can be had at Harbor Freight or your local auto parts store like O'Reileys/Kragen or NAPA.

The real advantage with SE slipons are they are EPA compliant at the specific test RPMS and distances considered legal, but they are louder everywhere else as well as less restrictive...so if you get stopped you won't get a "Fix'it Ticket"...which is not a bad thing. :s

Congrats on the new bike, I hope you get as much pleasure out of it as I do my 09 FLHX........ride safe!!:cheers

Back