free website stats program today is a good day for a 2010 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

today is a good day for a 2010

thank u,
8f116e01f7b479eea943eefd032c6d9d_1874.jpg

thanks for the proper engine break in link, bout to load the pics, then i am off to run that procedure. i put 80 miles on it last night, so i should do the break in , then immediately change oil at 100 miles?

You bet! Get all those break in particles out of there. And be sure to use a good quality synthetic motor oil like Mobil 1 or Spectro. Your brand new baby will thank you!

Yeah...you want that stuff out of there and then replace with a full synthetic not the syn 3. Also run the good stuff in your primary and tran. Many choices for products...I have the 09 Streetglide and am using Mobil 1 syn, Spectro for 6 speed tranny and redline in the primary. All are great in my opinion and I just put my 10,000th mile on her. Recently returned from a trip to the Northwest and it was stinkin hot out there but no problems ...ran like a champ. Love the denim black look. have fun. Also take a quick look at Clearview windshields I purchased one and what a huge difference another 2or 3 inches with the recurve makes.:s

cool. the pledge will help the look. do any of you use amsol oil full synthetic?

I went with Amsoil 20w50 in the engine, Amsoil severe gear 75W140 in the tranny and went with Spectrol HD Primary - no issues and runs so much smoother and quieter - very happy with my choice of fluids.:D

I went with Amsoil 20w50 in the engine, Amsoil severe gear 75W140 in the tranny and went with Spectrol HD Primary - no issues and runs so much smoother and quieter - very happy with my choice of fluids.:D

I also switched to Amsoil 20W50 V Twin at the 1K. The engine definitely is quieter. I had lifter noise since new, after I put the Amsoil in, it runs smooth as silk.

Spectro 6 speed in the trans and Spectro in the primary...

Enjoy the new ride!

63ff9610edd927c0ee30887c39a26e88_1875.jpg

c5832a1584310edd1f95a6a7654b6324_1876.jpg

53812048f236cca67f74e9a6991527bf_1877.jpg

it is funny, the way the tail lights are now it looks just like a smiley face from behind when lit up

Last edited by a moderator:
I used amsoil in many bikes...in my opinion its good stuff but it is easier to find the mobil 1 syn at your local autozone or other stores...also as many will tell you it is the choice of Bently, Porsche and many other upscale auto manufacturers put in there autos before they head to the dealership. For me its just a matter of convenience. Just make sure not to put Harley syn 3 in as it is not a full synthetic. Good luck and enjoy the ride.

Back