today is a good day for a 2010

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by JJDH, Aug 1, 2009.

1. JJDH

JJDH Active Member

picked up the 2010 street glide, black denim, security, thats all for now. pictures later, am finally releived, its been a long process trying to decide if i wanted to pull the trigger, i traded my gsxr 1000 k5 in on the harley, smooth process, feels like a good decision. joining this forum helped alot to prevent being beat over the head by the tricky dealers.. all i have to say is thanks for any and all future info i will be gaining from u veterans of hd, i am a beginner to hd...:hii

2. nolafishr

nolafishr Active Member

You must be one of the First with the 2010 Model. How do you like the 2-1 Exhaust on one side? Post some Pics.

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

Good luck with the new ride, post a pic too.:D

4. 09RGlideKY

09RGlideKY Active Member

Welcome!!

I traded in a Hayabusa GSXR 1300 for the Road Glide I have now but have had Harleys before.

5. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Congrats - and excellent choice of bikes!

6. JJDH

JJDH Active Member

the 2 into one has a nice deep tone, i actually like the idea because now i only need to buy one muffler...:D, pics will be here in a bit gotta get the wifey to upload for me. as far as performance, i cant tell much because i am trying to stick to the 5000 rpm rule....

7. Redman

Redman Active Member

GREAT CHOICE...MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW THE FORUMS BREAK IN PROCEDURE...SHOOT GLIDER AN EMAIL FOR INFO.....THIS IS A MUST FOR SEATING THOSE RINGS.Redman

8. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Ouch, better get right on the proper break in:

Proper Engine Break In For New Motors - Archive - Harley Davidson Community

9. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Hah! I love to read threads like this...a new ride always IS a good day...Congrats on your new ride...as others have said (only per Gliders recommendation for break-in)...

"Ride her like you stole it!" :D

10. JJDH

JJDH Active Member

thanks for the proper engine break in link, bout to load the pics, then i am off to run that procedure. i put 80 miles on it last night, so i should do the break in , then immediately change oil at 100 miles?