free website stats program To wave or not to wave | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

To wave or not to wave

As a new rider, I often have both brain cells fully occupied with traffic and signals and shifting and all that stuff, so I'll miss the chance to wave or even miss returning a wave. And, to be completely honest, if there are pretty girls around, then well, both brain cells are trying to do at least two things at once... :p

If I can, I wave to everyone on motorcycles or scooters and almost everyone waves back. I figure most who don't wave back, have something more important to pay attention to, and would wave if they could. Maybe they're too busy admiring my bike? :D It's all fun and the sense of community is awesome.

The other day, I waved to a guy on a scooter. His return wave seemed a little slow, but I'm pretty sure I saw his bike wobble a bit. I think he almost lost it having a guy on a HD wave at him on his scooter. Whatever happened, I hope he starts waving at everyone and not waiting for others to wave.

Have fun and be safe,
Bryn

Oh NO! :newsmile030: Not another one!

Why does there have to be rules? :dknow

I'm actually amazed that this topic gets so much attention....

Wave if you want, or don't wave...

See, wasn't that simple. easy and absolutely meaningless.....:small3d023:

Humorous and enjoyable read, Flashback. I haven't had a good laugh all day til now.

Copy that BikerMonkey...

I find the head nod works just as good and I see more riders doing it. Plus it's safer. I don't take it personal when they don't wave, I just figure they didn't see me.:bigsmiley30:

I also wave at all cyclists. Even the little old men on scooters! I also do the head nod if Im not able to wave.

I always see motorcyclists wave to each other every time I am driving and I have just always seen it as each other showing a sign of respect towards the other. Like what firefighters, police and EMS do when they see their fellow counterparts out on the roads. A way of saying "Hey how ya doing?"
Am I correct?

As a rule I wave,but sometimes I'll hold off to see if I'll recieve one first. Right at the last second I'll wave ..........and get burned !! :D:D:D

Yeah I wave, I wave at other bikers regardless of brand, I wave a good looking girls/women, little old men remembering their youth and to kids with the future in their eyes. Did I mention i wave to scantily clad women? But I do not wave at mopeds, never a moped unless a good looking scantily clad woman is riding it. Sometimes its a low wave, sometimes an over the fairing wave and sometimes the point your finger and shoot wave But always a wave at goodlooking scantily clad women, did I mention that?

Ride safe

Bubba

Never thought of it as a wave. I was taught, in the late 60's, by the old timer who helped me build my first bike, to point two fingers to the ground. This was a prayer that the other biker would keep "two tires down".

Back