free website stats program To Re-tire or Not to Re-tire? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

To Re-tire or Not to Re-tire?

My thoughts on white walls is that a softail deluxe or heritage softail were born to have the classic look of white walls! Road King as well looks fantastic with whites!!!!! I ride a superglide now but when I get the road king it WILL HAVE WHITES!!!!!

I totally agree. Whitewalls all the way for my deluxe...

Can't imagine being in that situation and not replacing the tires. IMHO, it's just not worth the risk.

What risk? There wasn't a risk before changing the wheels so why would there be one after changing the wheels? The tires only have 5K miles on them. If I left the stock wheels on, I would be keeping the original tires. So, I kept the original tires with the new wheels. I do not see any issue!

Remember, it's my (EDIT) on the line here; I didn't see any safety or reliability issue with the these tires.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
What risk? There wasn't a risk before changing the wheels so why would there be one after changing the wheels? The tires only have 5K miles on them. If I left the stock wheels on, I would be keeping the original tires. So, I kept the original tires with the new wheels. I do not see any issue!

Remember, it's my (EDIT) on the line here; I didn't see any safety or reliability issue with the these tires.

I understand your need to save $$, and I agree it is you who will be at risk. I don't think the responses you are getting question your ability to determine the risk, only honest opinions on what some of us in your shoes would do. With that said I do question the age of the tires not the tread depth, and knowing that the wheels will probably have to come off again to replace the tires when they are worn out or the sidewall cracks, I would bite the bullet on the side of safety and replace the tires now rather than later. Ride Safe

Last edited by a moderator:
Back