free website stats program To raise or not to raise, that is the question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

To raise or not to raise, that is the question

Hi All,

I'm still new to HDT and HD so I have a silly question about how handle bar height will affect my ride and steering.

I have been riding for about a year and probably started with a lot of bike for my first (a 2006 CVO Fat Boy). The first Harley I ever rode was a HD Heritage softtail, which I rented in Las Vegas for the weekend. I feel like that bike was a lot easier for me to control (i.e. take turns) compared to my Fat Boy. I am 6'1" and am wondering if raising the bars will make it easier to turn so I'm not reaching forward and down while I push (countersteer).

Any suggestions? I was thinking of perhaps test riding some bikes and find one that feels comfortable for me and then have my FB modified to fit like that. Am I way off here?
Thanks.

Are your tires new?? Two yrs ago, I got a Fatboy that handled like a wet sponge, the bike and tires only had 3000 miles but the rear had been spun a lot and had a flat bottom. I Put on new tires and Whee!!, it handled great, like it had lost 200 lbs.

Before you make any changes, have some one with a camera take a picture of you on the bike. Close your eyes reach for the bars where you think they should be you might be surprised JMO

Sorry Jack i have to back him up you have been caught again

Brian

Im not going to touch this one.. OH,,,,Its KILLING me.....Is jack into taking pictures of everything?...Just asking..:D

Im not going to touch this one.. OH,,,,Its KILLING me.....Is jack into taking pictures of everything?...Just asking..:D

Jack is an aspiring professional photographer so he gets called into all the important photo shoots

Brian

Back