free website stats program To Powder Coat or Buy Coloured Parts | Harley Davidson Forums

To Powder Coat or Buy Coloured Parts

Fozzy325

This is the new bike I have bought Harley Davidson 2009 Electra glide - Imgur

However, the first thing I would like to do besides changing the seat colours is to get rid of all chrome. Chrome is bad and I feel like a Camp blue oyster bar biker with it.

So how much work is it to strip the bike and get it powder coated Silk Black?

Is it better to just buy replacement parts which are factory black. problem with this is you can't guarantee the colour or texture of the black powder coat.

thanks

I would/am doing it a piece at a time. Why try a couple pieces of each and see what holds up better. The $$ spent would be a factor too.
I did my fork lowers with Line-x, replaced the cowbells with black PM's, black nacelle off a cop bike. Next up crash guards etc.......

I have had parts powder coated in super gloss black.
The preparation is important for lasting finish.
A good powder coat shop carries a large selection of material. The shop that did the work for me had 6 different black powders available. In my opinion it's cheaper and you don't have to deal with extra parts sitting around and taking up space. The shop that did the work for me handled show vehicles and so the work was top shelf.

i bought some some and powder coating others. i have 47 pieces at powder coater right now some wrinkle and some gloss. besides, black goes faster!
patrick
p.s. 500.00 for all 47. i couldn't by 47 pieces from harley for that price.

I've seen the work Bodeen has done on his bike. You would be hard pressed to find a cleaner look and the front forks are really impressive.

Back