free website stats program to dyno or not to dyno? | Harley Davidson Forums

to dyno or not to dyno?

skcm2006

I have a 2009 FLHX Street Glide, I put on a stage 1, a SERT and screaming eagle slip-ons. I am wondering if it is worth the $365 to get it dyno'd. The Service Manager said I could but it wasn't necessary unless I am thinking of adding Cams - Thoughts?????

I have used the sert stage 1 can map and has worked great for my customers, it is built by the factory for the S/E slip-ons & A/C. Sounds like you have a honest dealer, I would put the $365.00 in your pocket, if your not happy with the ride, you can always have it dyno tuned, but I'm sure it will run great for you.

Actually dyno tuning on your new engine is pretty hard on it given the couple dozen or so high rev RPM tests, tweaking and retests. But just doing Stage I, using tried and true methods to get there...would serve you better at lower cost and drama as dyno tuning can cost 3 or 4 times as much as the basic Stage I hardware & installation...

But if you are going beyond Stage I and trying to extract the maximum horsepower out of your machine and the little percentages of improvement are harder to get without precise measurements, dyno tuning may be a viable option.

Thanks guys, I love the performance I have already received from doing the upgrade so I am sticking with what I have - I knew if I asked here I would get a good answer.

BTW, the dealership cleaned house in the service department - too many complaints so the service manager and two mechanics were asked to leave. The crew they have there now is top notch but still I wanted to check here.

Thanks

Save your money for more goodies, you can always dyno later after you rack up some miles JMO:D

Back