free website stats program To buy this or not??? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

To buy this or not???

The first one my wife and I bought was a 1979 FLH. In 1989 we bought a Ultra and in 1999 another Ultra. Made us nervous every time but now all we can talk about is rhe memories since we no longer can ride. GO FOR IT.

Great looking bike indeed and one that I myself had waited and saved for.

However, it is disappointing that 110th anniversary bikes don't come with 110ci motor (I was really hoping...) and there doesn't seem to be anything significant other than colour and emblem on these bikes. So I bought myself a 2012 FLHTC in mid Sept. and got a pretty good deal.

Now, given the dealer's attitude and the 7-year period you speak of I'd consider the following three options:

1- Start saving now and buy the 115th anniversary bike in 5 years.

2- Find a very good deal on a 2012 touring bike.

3- Bite the bullet and buy the bike from another dealer who is willing to negotiate.

Good luck and enjoy the process, like other members have said, life is too short, make the most of it.

Sockeye makes great sense...! Buying a Harley is a sale made on emotions...not rationale. So asking for advice on a Harley site will likely give only positive results to buy it. And yes the buyer can justify nearly every negative into a positive so Lorne hit the nail on the head. Just let the voice of reason talk to you also!

These days I choose to buy things outright and not deal with recurring charges...they can bite you in the butt later on. JMHO

Seven years of interest... I would do the math and figure out what it is gonna cost you in the end. If you still think it is worth it, well you answered your own question! Good luck in whatever you decide and she sure is pretty!:s

Well, after thinking about it long and hard for a few days, I decided this was the one I wanted and I was going to buy it. Got all the $$$$$ arranged and went into the dealer a few hours ago. Bike was still there. I wasn't sure if it sold over the weekend or not, but I was happy to see it still sitting there. Had a few smudges on it from over the weekend when they had "Demo Days", so there's no telling how many people were touching and sitting on MY bike. Got with the salesman and he got some polish and we're cleaning it up real good. I don't want to spend that kind of $$$$$ to find some hidden scratches later on. 5 minutes later, here comes another salesman and he's putting a "SOLD" sign on it. I said thank you. He said for what??? I said for putting the sold sign on my bike. He said it's not yours. Somebody else bought it last night. :bigsmiley15:
Each dealer only gets one of these models and as of right now, there are none to be found in the N. Texas area. DOH!!!!!!! :(:(:(:(:(
Well, now I've got a bunch of cash lying around, so who wants to party??? (or drown my sorrows with me). Yes people, it's time to start drinking heavily. I went from the kid on Xmas morning to the kid who just lost his puppy in the span of 5 minutes. You'd think the dealer could have at least called me to see if I still wanted it before they sold it. They knew how interested I was in it. I didn't spend 4 hours there talking deals and numbers with them because I had nothing better to do. Ok, I vented enough.

Well, after thinking about it long and hard for a few days, I decided this was the one I wanted and I was going to buy it. Got all the $$$$$ arranged and went into the dealer a few hours ago. Bike was still there. I wasn't sure if it sold over the weekend or not, but I was happy to see it still sitting there. Had a few smudges on it from over the weekend when they had "Demo Days", so there's no telling how many people were touching and sitting on MY bike. Got with the salesman and he got some polish and we're cleaning it up real good. I don't want to spend that kind of $$$$$ to find some hidden scratches later on. 5 minutes later, here comes another salesman and he's putting a "SOLD" sign on it. I said thank you. He said for what??? I said for putting the sold sign on my bike. He said it's not yours. Somebody else bought it last night. :bigsmiley15:
Each dealer only gets one of these models and as of right now, there are none to be found in the N. Texas area. DOH!!!!!!! :(:(:(:(:(
Well, now I've got a bunch of cash lying around, so who wants to party??? (or drown my sorrows with me). Yes people, it's time to start drinking heavily. I went from the kid on Xmas morning to the kid who just lost his puppy in the span of 5 minutes. You'd think the dealer could have at least called me to see if I still wanted it before they sold it. They knew how interested I was in it. I didn't spend 4 hours there talking deals and numbers with them because I had nothing better to do. Ok, I vented enough.

OH NO!! sorry to hear that, did you try Texas Thunder in Nagadoshus? i have heard good thing about them as far as getting what the customer wants.

Sorry to hear about the bike sale falling through, but you have to think optimistically...probably happened this way for good reason. Means there a better deal out there - somewhere.

Back