free website stats program To add a true duel or not | Harley Davidson Forums

To add a true duel or not

bignew

I was thinking about adding a set of Bassani tru duels to my 02 Road King. A different friend of mine tried talking me out of getting true duels. If I remember what he said it was something that it creates issues with unequal pressure in the cylinders. I was wondering if anyone had heard of any issues.

you supposedly lose low end.. i have had true duals about 12000 miles and dont notice any low end mid or high end loss think it runs even better with them .. on the dyno you can see the loss but seat of pants you wont know

I love my SuperTrapp TD's. Equalized sound out of the rt/lt pipes, before the right pipe was MUCH louder than the left. Pulls harder in the midrange as well. Not sure if I lost low end or not....have not dyno'd but I can't notice any loss down low. I like 'em.

I was pondering this issue with my bike with all the motor work and everything, but I felt that TD was a unnecessary. You probably will not notice any power loss riding on the street. IMO it is not worth the $$$, but hey, it is your bike and your $$$. Good luck with your decision.

I'm sure the performance guys will tell you that the 2 into 1 will give you a better power curve, but my V&H look and sound great and I haven't noticed any loss of power in the low end, plus they are cooler on the right leg.

In talking with Rush, if you put there slipons and run 2 different size baffles, you actually can create a 2 into 1 without the look of the 2 into 1 which everyone seems to worry about.

The previous owner of my EGC installed Rinehart true duals........I wish it still had the original pipes on it. Then again,I am an old geezer.

I changed mine to the new bub 7 tdx because of the cat in the factory headpipe,which gets very hot! Trust me, when next summer comes this board will be full of threads about that cat in the factory header. The bub 7's do have a small cross-over in them to keep the much needed back-pressure and they arent loud until you gag on it. This bike has cooled down considerably with the pipes, pcv, ac and tune.

Thanks smitty, i think the previous owner still has the originals. If he does i amy post up the rineharts here after a swap. Will I be sorry if I swap back?

Back