free website stats program Tires | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tires

I don't go off reviews, I go off personal experience...I've run dunlops, Pirelli's, Metzlers, Continental, Bridgestone, and quite a few others, the way I chose a tire now look at it, if I like the look, then I try it, and see if I like the feel. Mileage is one factor but I've found that most tires no matter what the brand get about the same mileage on the same bike. You can't really judge a tire by the brand name. Every manufacturer makes tires for different applications and riding conditions. If you choose the wrong tire you cant blame the company that made it.

I was going to post an opinion on my new metzler 880's, however, I have decided that I don't have the 'qualifications' to post a fair opinion. Here is what I do know:

1. I had run my dunlops until the rear was nearly a slick. So, my 'opinion' is that I am sure anything with tread would be an improvement. :D (I'm learning you know).

2. I do feel that I got good quality tires however, I have made this opinion; from what I can see, the dunlops, metz, and avons are all pretty good tires and I don't think I would have too much of a problem with any of them.

3. I like the indy shop I have been using for things that may be out of my realms of knowledge/or extent of what I want to get into. For both tires mounted & balanced, I was just over $500. But, I did get to help, watch & most importantly, learn a bit more about the bike, so therefore, I felt the 2 hours labor was fine by me. ($120 total for labor, which was the same as the price for the front tire, rear tire was $220).

I didn't price the avons, but the guys at the shop did highly recommend the metzlers for the type of riding I do.

Back