free website stats program Tires | Harley Davidson Forums

Tires

gator508

Experienced Member
Hey Ya'll

Does anyone know of a good place to shop for tires online.
Specifically I am hunting a DunlopD407, 200/55/R17. It appears Dunlop does not sell except to dealers and the tire retails for $258. The HD shop wants $260 for the tire, at least 1 hr labor @ $80 + tax and tire disposal fee. That adds up to ~ $380 for a new tire. A local shop non HD is a little better, but I was thinking I could save a few $ by buying the tire myself. Thanks!

+1 on Motorcycle Superstore.
Fast and easy. I got the Dunlop d402...16 WWW. saved over 40 vs dealer, mounted at an Indy. Over 100 saved

Thanks everyone,

I have searched these sites and have not found the D407. I have put in a poser to Dunlop to see if they have a suitable substitute. I want to stay with the Dunlop. I have 11K on the one in use, which I believe is fairly decent mileage.

Thanks for getting back!:s

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback.

HDDon, that's the tire. I was out riding yesterday...just because, and behold I found a local shop in Theodre AL called Fat Boyz Choppers. Stopped in and talked to the owner, he took me on a tour of his shop and he said he could save me $ over HD, and could get that tire but also said the Dunlop American Elite is most likely the replacement for the D407. We will see how this turns out. In any case I'm thinking my business will go to his shop!

Back