free website stats program tires | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

tires

Got the Michelin Commander II a few days ago. Like the AE the tread is DEAP! However, the tread is more like a sport bike tire. I was going to install it today but I got gout and my feet are killing me.
WAP.gif

I have found experimenting with tires can definitely enhance the bikes handling and ride characteristics. Just keep in mind it will always work best with proper load rating that the Mfg recommends, and matching tread on both ends.........

I like wide whitewalls, and I can't seem to find any aftermarket tires that offer them, at least not for HD tourers. Too bad.

Back in the day, I ran Continentals on my Sporty. They did not last particularly long, but they did stick real good. I don't know anything about the brand these days.

Enjoy,
Rich P

My buddy put them on his '11 limited. I kept the 407/408F. We just got back from a 6700 mile trip out west and back. tire wear was about equal, looking at around 18k for both. He is very impressed with the handling in all the stuff in which we rode. Rain, dirt, mud, gravel and seriously rough roads. He was happy with the price as well from Kirk. Seems like an excellent choice. Me? still sticking w/ stock, I'm happy w/ them.

Back