free website stats program tires | Harley Davidson Forums

tires

tommys

2011 ultra classic, wandering if anyone is or has run dunlop american elite they are the same size for every thing I see and our quiet a bit cheaper through Dennis Kirk than buying replacement through a dealer. If you have run these do you notice any different in the ride or handlingor in the milage you get on a set of tires

I got one on the rear of my 09 Ultra. I'm about to install one on the front too. Great tire!! I got them at jakewilson.com

2011 ultra classic, wandering if anyone is or has run dunlop american elite they are the same size for every thing I see and our quiet a bit cheaper through Dennis Kirk than buying replacement through a dealer. If you have run these do you notice any different in the ride or handlingor in the milage you get on a set of tires

Darn Wi fi dropped out. Any way, the tire is a very good tire that grips the road very well in turns and wears well on the supper slabs due to a dual compound rear tire.

Dunlop’s American Elite is the only aftermarket tire line for Harley-Davidson motorcycles that is designed, tested and manufactured in the U.S.A.

MT Multi-Tread™ rear tire incorporates a long-wearing compound in the center of the tire tread and a lateral-grip compound on each shoulder to enhance cornering performance and feel.

Darn Wi fi dropped out. Any way, the tire is a very good tire that grips the road very well in turns and wears well on the supper slabs due to a dual compound rear tire.

Dunlop’s American Elite is the only aftermarket tire line for Harley-Davidson motorcycles that is designed, tested and manufactured in the U.S.A.

MT Multi-Tread™ rear tire incorporates a long-wearing compound in the center of the tire tread and a lateral-grip compound on each shoulder to enhance cornering performance and feel.

Now that I tried the AE tire. I'll try the Michelin tire. It was $173 with free shipping. :D

I had the Elites on both front and rear of my '03 UC (yes, I know the suspension is different but shouldn't be a factor). they wore good, had great traction and whatnot. they only issues I had with mine were as the tire wore, they seemed to get 'harder' and definitely more slick in wet weather. I have since replaced them with Michelin tires. I have about 800 miles on them and so far they put the Elite to pasture in ride quality, traction and noise.

I had the Elites on both front and rear of my '03 UC (yes, I know the suspension is different but shouldn't be a factor). they wore good, had great traction and whatnot. they only issues I had with mine were as the tire wore, they seemed to get 'harder' and definitely more slick in wet weather. I have since replaced them with Michelin tires. I have about 800 miles on them and so far they put the Elite to pasture in ride quality, traction and noise.
The AE (rear) was quite on my bike until the later stage of its life (I have about 1-2k left on the rear). During turning or sweeping curves, I can hear it. It will be a test for the Michelin as it was for the AE. The AE (front) is wearing fine with out any cupping (inflated at 40 PSI). Any way, for $173, the Mechelin is woth a try.

The AE (rear) was quite on my bike until the later stage of its life (I have about 1-2k left on the rear). During turning or sweeping curves, I can hear it. It will be a test for the Michelin as it was for the AE. The AE (front) is wearing fine with out any cupping (inflated at 40 PSI). Any way, for $173, the Mechelin is woth a try.

I had the same experience with them on mine, the front wore normally at 32PSI, the back was anywhere between 35 and 40 PSI depending on weight. I am hoping the Commander 2's do better. but so far I like them better. Good thing is they were cheaper than the Elites.

I had the same experience with them on mine, the front wore normally at 32PSI, the back was anywhere between 35 and 40 PSI depending on weight. I am hoping the Commander 2's do better. but so far I like them better. Good thing is they were cheaper than the Elites.
When I got the AE's they were a lot cheaper, Now, they are over the $200 mark. I've always wanted to try the Michelins and now that they make a tire for my Ultra, I'm going to give them a try. $173 (and free shipping) for a rear tire seems like a good deal to me. Go to Jake wilson to check it out.

Back