free website stats program Tires | Harley Davidson Forums

Tires

rowdy1

I have Road King (2005), I bought used with low mileage a couple years back. Bike now has close to 10,000 miles. Would be a good idea to replace tires in the spring seeing how the tires are seven years old?

At seven years old, they need to be replaced.

If they show any signs of deterioration such as cracking, I would replace them but 7 years old, they are probably due any way from a safety standpoint.

Thanks for the reply, now the important question.... Metzlers me 880 marathons or the stock Dunlop 402's?

Thanks for the reply, now the important question.... Metzlers me 880 marathons or the stock Dunlop 402's?

Dunlops have broke traction on me three different times, on three different scoots......Metz 880s, or Avon will take you to the limit.

I have to agree with Blaine. I noticed the Dunlops aren't very forgiving when it comes to tar snakes. Where's a good place to buy tires?

Avon venom x work well on my softail in all road conditions that i have used them on this year but a lot of wet miles, dunlop i found to be ok in the dry and warm but not so good in the cold and wet

Brian

Back