free website stats program Tires | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tires

I ran the metzler 880`s on my 07 egc with good results its a good tire in the rain and wore well (around 9-10k on rear). before going to sturgis last year I went with the pirelli night dragons I really like the way they handled good in rain great in mountains. I was looking at them the other day noticed the rear was quite worn needs to be replaced ,this at barely 7k.I assume the avons would be similiar so you have to weigh handling (soft rubber but fast wear) versus a harder tire that may not handle as well but wears longer. I will run one more rear on my bike but probably go to something else next year when I change both..

I have had great results with the Dunlop E3. Second set now on my 2003 FLHTPI. Helped stabilize the ride over bridge grooves and great mileage. My brother runs the ME 880 and swears by it on his 2000 EG. Both are good choices.

Sorry, the bike is a 2001 Electra Glide Classic. I ended up ordering the Dunlop D402's from Dennis Kirk (cheapest I found). I've had good luck with them. Just hope I don't have to deal with the cracking issue.

Sorry, the bike is a 2001 Electra Glide Classic. I ended up ordering the Dunlop D402's from Dennis Kirk (cheapest I found). I've had good luck with them. Just hope I don't have to deal with the cracking issue.

Just keep an eye on them inspecting the water grooves all the way around the tire. You will not miss them if they develop. See here:

Dunlop Tire Problems - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

I have always replaced my tires with whatever the manufacturer called for *George Costanza voice* - "Was that wrong?" :p

Very happy with the stock Dunlops performance and wear longevity. At 7K, I upgraded to the 408 on the front at no charge per SB M-1258A. I'm at 14K and still looking good. 09 Ultra.

Back