free website stats program Tires | Harley Davidson Forums

Tires

Yep, sold tires for years...consumers should also check them before buying and why I only buy tires from a place with quick turnaround and check date code ALWAYS.

Thanks for reposting! I had not looked at it before, but some good information to make me even more insane when I buy something.

Wow! I couldn't help but think about the couple whose accident was posted on this forum. The couple was seriously injured when they experienced a catastrophic tire failure while traveling at 75MPH on the highway.

I recently had a rear tire installed by an Indy shop; you know they don't have the same inventory turn over as a dealership.

I am heading out to the garage to check my tires.

I bought a set of Avons last summer , after about 3 weeks the rear started getting cracks inside the treads , on further inspection the tires were long out of date . They had been setting in a warehouse for years. So check those tires.

I checked my tires. The one I bought last fall was made late last year, so it was new when installed. The front tire was made in 2005, which is the model year of the bike.

The front tire will be replaced at the end of this riding season.

Back